Thursday, January 13, 2011

If at first you don't succeed....

Yep, you guessed it...my New Year's resolution barely lasted one day. Actually, that's a lie. It didn't last even that. I'm talking about the one with being healthy and all that. Yep. So, I've got to start buckling down and seriously making an effort to eat healthy and work out. The desire is definitely there, and while most days I've managed to eat probably 75% healthy, there's always something that brings me back to the sugar or the large portion sizes. I blame it on the cold.

It would be so easy to do some crash diet/liquid cleanse, but I really want to live a healthy lifestyle that becomes so ingrained in my daily activities that I don't even have to think about it. I think starting a new job on Monday will help jump-start this process. There's a gym with weights and a treadmill on the premises, plus a couple of pals to work out with. I'm really excited about that.

Not to mention all the benefits that go along with eating well. Better skin, less fat so I'll look leaner, boosted energy levels, knowing that I'm taking care of myself instead of letting myself go. When I look back on photos of me when I was thinner, I remember what I was doing at that time to make me look so good, and always I was focusing on what I was eating, and I was regularly working out. It's really so simple that it's crazy to think that I ever stopped those habits. But, life gets in the way, and changes seem to disrupt me to the point that it halts any progress I've made and even sometimes reverses the good results back into what I used to be or look like. If I could get my life on somewhat of an even keel, I really think the eating and working out part would naturally fall into place. I'm excited about having a new routine, and about being serious about making the necessary changes for myself. It's not just for looks, although that's a big part of it. I also want these changes to become permanent so I grow old gracefully, and so when I have children I can lead by my example and teach them to have active and healthy lives. I also want to show both myself and Charlie that just because I'm turning 30 in six months doesn't mean I'm still not just as hot as some 20-year-old walking around!

No comments:

Post a Comment