Monday, January 24, 2011

Yielding

Yesterday the Holy Spirit was at work on my soul. Also, Satan was fighting for control over my thoughts/emotions/actions. Charlie and I got into a little spat just as we were leaving for church, and it really affected my ability to get something out of the morning service. After church, I felt oppressed, like I didn't want to speak, I didn't want to do anything. I just wanted to be alone and silent. Not sure why, but there it was. So, during the evening service I began to feel my heart stirring, and still not knowing why, I started to cry during the service. The message was on yielding completely to Grace, and not letting sin control us. We frustrate Grace when we choose to sin instead of choosing to live for God. The message was very powerful, and I knew that I needed simply to yield to God. During that service, you could tell that the Holy Spirit was working on everyone there. It was amazing and uplifting.

In Romans 5:20 the Bible says that where sin abounds, grace much more abounds. God knows the temptations that we face individually, and He sends more than enough Grace to overcome those temptations. We as humans fail to recognize that Grace, and sometimes even if we do, we ignore it and choose to sin anyway. That frustrates Grace, but God still sends it. Romans 6 is all about being delivered from sin's control by yielding to God. It's because of sin that we are all going to die anyway, so why spend your life serving the sin that's already claimed your body? Why not serve God and live a life of obedience unto righteousness?

1 comment: