Saturday, January 1, 2011

My 2010

So, I'm bored, and I'm thinking about all the crazy things that happened this past year. I feel the need to write them down, so I won't forget (like I would, but anyway). Here's how my 2010 went down:

January:
1. Charlie came back to NY after being gone for two months to Arkansas doing rotations. He also went on some residency interviews.
2. I went skiing for the first time, and Charlie and I decided to start doing more outdoors activities together before we left NY.

February:
1. Went to Maine for Valentine's Day.
2. Skied again.
3. Started applying for jobs in AR.

March:
1. Charlie found out he matched at UAMS in their ER program. We started making plans for the big move.
2. Realized I would have to leave my job early b/c of the move.

April:
1. Worked my last month in NYC.
2. Packed and prepared to leave NY.

May:
1. Family visit to NY and subsequent road trip move back to AR.
2. Stuff went to storage and stayed until July.
3. Flew to St. Maarten for Charlie's graduation.
4. Started the process of buying a house.
5. Went on some job interviews.

June:
1. Began to be homeless after returning from St. Maarten.
2. Went on more job interviews and applied to more schools.
3. Lived with friends while we waited on our house to close.
4. Was hired as the 3rd grade teacher at SCA.

July:
1. Closed on our house - finally!!
2. Got our stuff out of storage.
3. Painted the entire interior of our house.
4. Put new carpet in our house.
5. Charlie started residency.

August:
1. Started back to work.
2. Worked a lot.

September:
1. Worked a lot.

October:
1. Worked a lot.

November:
1. Worked some - finally started feeling like I have my act together at work.
2. Saw family.

December:
1. Prepared for the holidays.
2. Worked some.
3. Saw family.
4. Went camping.
5. Celebrated New Year's in style!

All in all, I've had a busy year. For a while, it was really hard to imagine ever feeling settled. Now that we sort of are, I find myself loving the feeling! I love where we are living, I love the friends we have around us, I love the exciting possibilities that are starting to open up for me, and I love knowing that Charlie and I both are getting back to where we need to be. We're home. In every sense of the word. We're home and it feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment